File a Claim


Reporting a Claim

In the event of a claim, we want the process to be as easy as possible!

No matter what type of claim you are reporting, your first step is to contact your insurance agent or broker. Your agent or broker will assist you with all aspects of reporting your claim.

Within 24 hours of reporting your claim, you will be contacted by one of our claims adjusters. They will explain the claims process, your insurance coverages and answer any questions you may have. If further information about your claim is required, we will obtain it at that time.

We understand that claims do not always occur during regular business hours (M-F 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.). As a result, we do provide after-hours claims service through the Ontario Mutual Insurance Association.

The After Hours Emergency Claims Service number is 1-877-488-6642.

You will be connected to a knowledgeable claims representative who will provide immediate assistance.

They will walk you through each step of the process and make it easy for you to report your claim. You should also be prepared to report your claim to your agent or broker on the first available business day following the date of loss.


When your vehicle has been damaged or stolen as a result of an insured peril:

1. Contact the police and/or attend the police reporting centre closest to where the accident happened.

2. Document the accident in as much detail as possible. Make notes, sketch a diagram of the scene or take photos at the scene with your camera or cell phone.

3.Exchange information with all other parties involved in the accident. Obtain names, addresses, telephone numbers, insurance company information, policy numbers and license plate numbers. Make note of any passengers or witnesses.

4. Report your claim.

If you’ve been injured

Your policy provides Accident Benefits coverage if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident. Report any injuries to your agent or broker immediately. An Accident Benefits claims specialist will be assigned to handle your claim and will assist you in this regard and explain the benefits that may be available.


When your property has been damaged or stolen:

1. Contact the police and/or fire department.

2. Obtain the police and/or fire occurrence number, officer’s and/or fire chief’s name and telephone number.

3. Take any necessary precautions to prevent further damage or loss to your property.

4. Report your claim.

5. Document the damage or loss in as much detail as possible. For example, make notes, take photos of the property damage with your camera or cell phone, and create a list of items affected by the insured peril.

Alternate living arrangements

If you are unable to remain in your home, please make alternative living arrangements. Your policy may cover any additional living expenses you incur as a direct result of loss or damage to your property by an insured peril. Be sure to discuss this coverage further with the claims adjuster should the need arise.